What It Means To Lead Through Serving Others
A global ambassador on the benefits of exercise and living well, Maureen Hagan is Vice President of Program Innovation for GoodLife Fitness and canfitpro –Canadian Fitness Professionals—the largest fitness education and certification organization in Canada.
Mo, as she is known in the fitness industry, is a licensed physiotherapist, a Physical Health Educator and has been recognized for her work in fitness that spans three decades, with numerous awards for innovation, passion and leadership and, was named as one of Canada ’s 20 Most Influential Women in Sport and Physical Activity in 2014.
Most recently, Mo was acknowledged by IHRSA with the ‘Woman Leader Award’ in honor of Julie Main. Mo is a published author and a regular contributor to consumer magazines and online publications including the Huffington Post.
In this weeks show, the focus is on Leadership. Mo talks about the evolution of leadership and culture in the fitness industry, she explains Leadership through serving others and gives us tips and examples on how to lead this way.
- 00:50 – Introduction to this weeks show.
- 01:53 – Bronze, Silver and Gold award winners.
- 02:55 – Quick Fire Five with Maureen Hagan.
- 04.50 – Main interview with Maureen Hagan.
- 07:29 – Mo’s Top 3 roles in the fitness industry.
- 13:26 – Has fitness industry culture evolved over time?
- 18:05 – What is ‘Leadership through serving others.
- 20:55 – Tips to implement leadership through serving others.
- 25:00 – Where can group fitness managers start with leading a team?
- 29:50 – Sponsor message.
- 31:46 – Top take-aways from this weeks show.
Top Tips From The Show
Think of roadblocks as opportunities to climb, become stronger, to find a new path and to be a leader.
Leaders create the path upon which careers can be built, leadership is at the heart of all successful companies.
What truly defines a leader is when things are tough, and that leader is still in the essence of who they are – during the bad times as well as the good times.
Don’t be afraid to not always have the answer, take the time to investigate and to ask questions.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
“Leaders create the path upon which careers can be built” Maureen Hagan
- Start Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016
- End Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017